Thursday, August 8, 2024

Waffle Flower - Postage Collage Card

 



Hello!  Weather-wise it has been a pretty grim day here in Upstate New York and I found myself with some spare time and I decided to create using some recent purchases and just for the love of the craft.  I'm sure most of you are familiar with Waffle Flower's Postage Collage collection of dies and stencils and my card today uses the Postage Collage Die (the essential place to start) and I used the Postage Collage Coloring Stencil too.

I selected some sturdy white cardstock and die cut the Postage Collage.  I overlaid the first of two stencils from the same set.  The first one will just allow you to ink blend a background colour.  Once ink blended I put the second stencil in place and ink blended the shapes and patterns.  Here are the ink combinations used, all are by The Stamp Market:-

Pinks - Cotton Candy & Bubblegum
Purples - Wisteria & Orchid
Blues - Powder Blue & Cornflower




The next step was to use the Waffle Flower Postage Collage stamp set and I stamped in all the little details like 50 cents etc using Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black.  I backed this panel with dimensional foam tape and applied it to an A2 white panel of cardstock and then glued this to my card base.




For the bold sentiment I used the Essential Happy Birthday Die-namics by My Favorite Things.  This is a two part die and I cut the background portion from black cardstock and the happy birthday words from white.  I adhered the pieces together, backed the sentiment with more dimensional foam tape and applied it to the decorative background.

A few white Nuvo drops finished the card nicely!

Well, it's still raining and so there's nothing else for it but to make another card!  I'll be back tomorrow with something new!












No comments:

Post a Comment