Sunday, July 28, 2024

My Favorite Things - July Release Countdown Day 2

 





Welcome to my blog and Day 2 of the Countdown to MFT's July release which you can purchase Tuesday July 30th at 10am Eastern.  Today, my card features one of two Yuzu illustrated stamp sets.  Here's what I've used:-


I wanted to create a warm dessert sunset backdrop and so to do this I took a panel of white cardstock (A2) and ink blended using Rusty Hinge and Wild Honey Distress Oxide Inks.  I slightly distress that background with a fine spray of water which I immediately blotted dry and then I dotted in some white fleck with a white gel pen.  Over this I layered two sand dunes that were created using Stitched Snow Drifts, although I didn't want the stitched edge so I turned the die upside down so the dune edges were smooth.  I used the same two inks to ink blend the dune although with a lighter touch so they just looked they were 'kissed' by the deep sunset and I used Copic markers and a white gel pen to add texture to the sane.  I applied both dunes with dimensional foam tape.




I used MFT's Eiffel Tower Ink to stamp the images from Llama Love and I coloured the different elements with the following Copic marker combinations:-

Llamas - E41, C3, C1, C0,  E77
Llama Faces - E01, C3, C1, C0
Blushes - R22, R21, R20, R00
Pink - RV09, RV06 (plus RV23 for the balloon)
Green - G05, YG13
Yellow - Y19
Blue - B04, B12, B41

The images were die cut using the coordinating die-namics and applied to the scene with either a single or double layer of dimensional foam tape.




I stamped the sentiment multiple times in my Misti for a nice crisp and bold image and then to finish the card I highlighted some points with my white gel pen and then applied the decorative panel to a slightly larger panel of MFT's fabulous Poppin' Pink cardstock and this was all glued to a slightly larger white card base.

Make these adorable Llama's yours on Tuesday!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.














No comments:

Post a Comment