Saturday, June 22, 2024

Lawn Fawn - Magic Iris Beehive

 



I continue to create using my Lawn Fawn products just for the pure love of creating cards with their lovely products and today my card uses their Magic Iris Beehive Add-On Die along with their Stitched Scalloped Rectangle Frames Die and More Magic Messages stamp set.

To create this card I first used the Scalloped Rectangle Die mentioned above and die cut once from white cardstock and again from some of Lawn Fawn's patterned cardstock.  I used the largest die in the set of four to do this.   I used the patterned section from the centre and recessed it within the white frame which I adhered to a slightly smaller than A2 card base.




I used green, pink, yellow, black and kraft cardstock scraps and die cut the branch, leaves, blooms and bees from the Beehive Die.  I used a little ink on a mini sponge dauber to add a little colour to the leaves and then I adhered all the parts together and assembled the blooms and greenery on the branch.

I die cut the beehive, stamped the sentiment of my choice in the centre and then ink blended with Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Inks.

I backed all of these die cuts with dimensional foam tape and then started by sticking down the beehive then the branch overhanging at the top and finally the bees with their little vellum wings.




To finish the card I used a white gel pen to highlight some points and then used white Nuvo drops for finishing accents.

This card needs to go out to someone amazing!!

Thanks for joining me on my blog, I'll be back tomorrow with something new.  Happy crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment