Sunday, March 12, 2023

My Favorite Things - Presents and Pupcakes

 





I was eager to make another card using the Yuzu Illustration stamp set Presents and Pupcakes for My Favorite Things.  You may have seen my first card during the Countdown to the March release.   Here's what I've used in this new project:-


I created a panel of patterned cardstock that was smaller than A2.  The cardstock I used from Happy Patterns is now unfortunately retired however you could use pretty much use any patterned cardstock and pull colours from the paper and use them to colour your focal point characters.   I used a frame from the Frames Die-namics to cut an opening in this panel and then used the same frame to cut two white frames from white cardstock.

On a white A2 panel I ink blended using Poppin' Pink by MFT, I splashed with water then with white acrylic paint to distress it.  I adhered that blended panel to my card base then backed the patterned panel with foam tape and applied it over the top.  I nestled one of the die cut white frames through the opening and glued directly and then with the second one, I backed it with foam tape and applied it.  Viewed from an angle this creates a little interest.




I stamped and coloured the images from Presents & Pupcakes using the following Copic colours:-

Pup - T6, T5, T4, T2, C3, C1, C0, C00, R20, R00, R000
Gift Box - E40, E41, E42, B63, B24, B37
Pink - RV52, RV63, V12

I die cut everything and applied with foam tape.  I highlighted some points and then to finish I stamped the sentiment and applied with foam tape and 3 wooden stars seemed like the perfect embellishment.



Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.



















No comments:

Post a Comment