Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Snowfetti - Illustrated by Julian Charlton for Purple Onion Design's Winter Release

Hello!  Today I have a CAS card for the brand new Winter release by Julian Charlton illustrating for Purple Onion Designs.   This card features Elliot and Marcel and the image is one of four for this release and this one is called 'Snowfetti'.   Release goes live Black Friday the 27th November along with Purple Onion's big sale.


This simple card started with stamping the Snowfetti image using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa on to kraft cardstock.  I used Prismacolor colouring pencils to colour the images giving them a lovely soft appearance and I made the elephant character a little 'hairy' since I think elephants that are hairy are so cute with their fuzz!


Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and the panel was stamped with the sentiment using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white.

I then trimmed the panel and layered it over a red panel of cardstock and attached this to a white cardstock base.


To finish up I used Nuvo Stone Drops in Chalk White for my lovely 'snowfetti' which is super dimensional and has a slight granular appearance rather than being glossy, just a for a nice change.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!












No comments:

Post a Comment