Friday, October 30, 2020

The Sweetest Little Town Collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs

This is the brand new 'The Sweetest Little Town' collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs. For this card I've used the 'Cozy Home' stamp image and those three carol singing cuties are called 'Snow Crooners'.   Read on for how this came together.


To create this card I stamped the Cozy Home image to some super smooth/Copic friendly cardstock using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I used Copic markers to colour the image and added a hint of tint for the sky using BG0000 because I wanted to give the feeling that it was icy cold.

I also stamped the crooners and coloured them and fussy cut.   I used a white gel pen  to add some interest and highlights and glittered every third stripe on the bunny's scarf using Stickles.


The background panel was die cut to give it the simple faux stitched edge and applied to the card base, the crooners were backed with foam tape and applied and the sentiment was stamped beneath them (so now we know what they are singing)!!!

I added a few more subtle touches of Stickles to the trees and house where frost would settle and lastly I use Copics to add a little smoke billowing out of the chimney.


Could these images be more adorable?   Seriously doubt it!  Enjoy some happy crafting time and I hope you'll come back to visit the blog soon.







 

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. I would love to watch a video of you coloring with Copics. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete