Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Silhouette - Julian Charlton Collection - Purple Onion Designs

Hello!  Kind of a fun day for the Design Team at Purple Onion Designs as we preview a brand new 'Silhouette' collection of stamps from illustrator Julian Charlton.  This card features solid silhouette images for something completely different.  Imagine the possibilities!!!!



Featured in this card are Frances the Deer, Claude the Hedgehog, Sam the Snowman, Frederick the Fox and Toby the Bear.  The collection will be available for purchase Friday, November 29th.  Tomorrow the Design Team will be previewing the open images that you can colour from the same new illustrator Julian Charlton.  But first for THIS card .........

I created a slimline card base and panel with finished dimensions of 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.   I ink blended the panel using Distress Ink in Stormy Sky.  I applied this to the card base and using a white gel pen I added the snow.  I used a simple hill die to create the little snow hills and adhered these to the background.




On white cardstock I stamped the new images using die inks by Simon Says Stamp.   I was going for a soft and retro look and I used Cloudy Sky, Pale Blush Pink, Barely Beige and Cobblestone.   I used my Misti so that I could repeat stamp to get the perfect coverage necessary.  Images were then fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied.



The sentiment was stamped in the same way and can be found here in Holiday Blurbs and applied and finally I found some pretty soft white snowflake embellishments in my collection and I glued these into the scene.

I hope you are as delighted and intrigued by these new images from Julian Charlton and are excited for the new possibilities they offer.   There are open images for you to colour in the new release too and I will show you in future projects how to mix the open and closed images together or use them independently.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment