Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Tabitha - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  It's Day 2 of Previews for Hello Bluebird's big Fall release which goes live September 13th at 7pm MST.  Today I'm sharing a card made using 'Tabitha' a totally cute new stamp set that comes with coordinating dies of course.  Also used in this card is Grassy Knoll a die that is a must own and from a previous release.



Firstly I made a fun ink blended background using Distress Inks in Black Soot, Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint and Fossilized Amber.  I distressed this with water splashes which I blotted up after a few seconds and then some black paint was also splattered randomly. 



I die cut one grassy edge from black cardstock using Grassy Knoll and backed it with foam tape and applied it to the panel.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped all of my images with Archival Ink and watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Flesh Colour, Pale Pink, Blush, Light Pink, Scarlet Red, Warm Gray 2, Natural Gray, Gray and Olive Green.  Also used were Tombow ABTs in shades 942, 912, 977 and 969.

All images were die cut then backed with a single or a double layer of foam tape to build real depth and dimension and adhered to the scene.  One or two points were highlighted with a white gel pen.



For the finishing touches I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink on a strip of black cardstock and heat embossed in white.  I backed it with foam tape and applied.

Finally, I used some micro star 'sequins' from my stash to dot into the magical sky so that there's a lovely twinkle as the card is handled and moved.

So there you go!  Here's Tabitha and I don't know about you but I adore her and by the way the witches hat is separate so you can choose whether she wears it or not.  I chose to put a little foam tape under the brim to make it look ultra dimensional.

I'll be back tomorrow with another card to preview for this release.  Hope you'll join me.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment