Saturday, September 28, 2019

Stamptember - Merry Wreath - Simon Says Stamp/Avery Elle

Hello!  I was so happy to participate in the fun Stamptember event for Simon Says Stamp in conjunction with Avery Elle.  The stamp set in question is called 'Merry Wreath' and I decided to go for a simple but sophisticated 'mixed metals' look by layering Copper and Silver heat embossing.



I took a panel of pale gray cardstock  and stamped the wreath image with Versamark Ink then heat embossed in Copper.  

I then used one of the leaf images and again using Versamark Ink as I stamped it randomly around the wreath and heat embossed in silver.



The bow image was next, again using the copper embossing powder and finally the sentiment was stamped and I switched back to silver.

The secret to not damaging the layer of embossing underneath is keeping your heat gun very hot all the time so that it very quickly embosses your new image without impacting the layer underneath.



With all the embossing done, I trimmed down my panel a little, I backed it with white craft foam and mounted it to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base.



The final touch was the application of sparkling clear sequins adding just a tiny bit of dimension and sparkle.

This would be a great stamp set for mass producing your Christmas cards.  There are several stamp images to adorn your wreath differently than I did.

Thank you for stopping by to read today and happy crafting, I'll be back soon with a new project!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment