Saturday, June 22, 2019

Sunny Meadow Fair - Purple Onion Designs

Hello there!  I have a new card for Purple Onion Designs today and I'm still having fun discovering all the endless possibilities that the new collection Sunny Meadow Fair by Stacey Yacula offers.



This card started with an A2 panel of 110lb white cardstock.  I used a sun stencil and Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar to make the simple background and applied this to a card base made of the same cardstock.



I die cut two grassy edges and ink blended them using Distress Oxide in Peel Paint.  I adhered one down directly and the other is lifted up on some foam tape.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Sunny Meadow Fair and watercolour painted them.  The scarecrow and bird were painted using Zigs in Ochre, Mid Brown, Oatmeal, Mid Gray, Flesh Colour, Pale Pink and Light Pink.  The bird uses a Tombow ABT in shade 451.



I fussy cut the images and backed them with foam tape and applied them to the scene.  I stamped the sentiment from Everyday Blurbs in a toning pale blue ink and fussy cut and applied this in the same way.



Love, love, love that scarecrow, it couldn't be more adorable!

Finishing touches were to simply highlight a few points with a white gel pen and I then added a little fun sparkle with the different sized sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

I'll be back with new inspiration soon!  Happy crafting!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment