Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Sunny Meadow Fair - Purple Onion Designs

I'm still continuing to play with all the combinations that Sunny Meadow Fair by Purple Onion Designs offers.   These illustrations by Stacey Yacula are beyond irresistible.  Today I've navigated away from the fair scene and towards the little farm that lies on the edge of the meadow.



A background panel was ink blended with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Twisted Citron.  It was then die cut with a Lawn Fawn background die to give the stitched cloud affect.  I used a white Prismacolor pencil to further define the clouds.



All images were hand stamped onto Bristol Smooth cardstock using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  They were watercolour painted using the following colour palette from Kuretake Zigs - Fl Green, Light Green, Beige, Bright Yellow, Light Pink Mid Gray, Mustard, Oatmeal and Cornflower Blue.  I also used two Tombow ABT's in shades 020 and 991.



All images were fussy cut and I inverted them on a firm rubber mat and using a stylus and gentle pressure in a circular movement I made the cardstock 'dome' (avoiding the edges) - this makes the images look more dimensional and hides the foam tape quite well when viewed from an angle.  I then backed with either one or two layers of foam tape and applied them to the scene.



I chose to keep this card sentiment free so that it could be used for all number of occasions and so the finishing touches included just a little white gel pen highlighting, sparkling clear sequin accents and using a Distress Ink pen I dotted in some texture in the ground.

I hope you're feeling inspired and I look forward to sharing a new card with you next time.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment