Monday, June 24, 2019

Seaside Girls & Ocean Scene Die - Hello Bluebird Stamps

It's Day 2 of Previews for the Hello Bluebird Stamps big summer release which will be available for purchase at 7pm MST on June 26th.  Today I'm introducing you to the sweet 'Seaside Girls' stamp set and they are set against a new background scene die called 'Ocean Scene'.



To make this card I first started out by die cutting the Ocean Scene die from white cardstock.  The scene falls apart like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle and you have a whole lot of choices with how to work with them.  I chose to ink blend my sky and water with Distress Oxide in Tumbled Glass.  I ink blended the sand portion and a little of the sky with Fossilized Amber and Tea Dye Distress Oxides.  Equally (and rather cleverly) you can flip the sky portion so that the clouds aren't along the horizon and the two water ripples that I ink blended in blue could also be sand and if you think about it there are even combinations beyond what I've just said.  Basically, this is a great die to have and it comes with a nice skinny frame around it.  I backed that frame with foam tape and applied it to a card base and then glued the other pieces in place but not before stamping the sentiment.  I set this to one side.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped my Seaside Girls images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted everything using the follow palette.   Tombow ABT's in 991, 451 and 912.  Kuretake Zigs in Beige, Mid Gray, Oatmeal, Blush, Bright Yellow, Light Pink, Flesh Colour, Pale Pink, Gray and Deep Blue.   Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and the images were die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.



Just the finishing touches now!  I stamped the flying gulls, I dotted in some sand texture and I applied a few 3mm sparkling clear sequins for some twinkle.

Thanks so much for swinging by to read about these new products, I'll be back tomorrow with another new preview for you.

Nicky x



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Your water coloring is gorgeous and until I read what you did I thought you Copic colored the little girls.

    ReplyDelete