Friday, June 28, 2019

More Jungle Littles - Hello Bluebird

Couldn't wait to share this card with you using stamps and dies from the most recent Hello Bluebird Stamps release.  This card features 'More Jungle Littles' together with the 'Wild About You' die.  I have also used the previously released Grassy Knoll Die.



My card started with a panel of white cardstock that I ink blended using my Clarity Stencil Brushes and Distress Oxides in a variety of pink, purple and orange hues.  I wanted to create a Serengeti sunset type feeling and the baby animals meeting at the end of the day.  

Once the panel was ink blended I die cut it to provide the faux stitched edge and I also die cut a piece of cardstock and ink blended it with the same pink and also used the same die to finish it the same way as the main panel so they'd match.   The top edge was cut with Grassy Knoll.   I adhered the grass section to the main panel which in turn was attached to a 110lb white cardstock base.



I die cut the Wild About You sentiment 4 times and glued them all in a stack and then attached it to the top of the card.

On Strathmore Bristol Smooth all of the little animals were hand stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  They were watercolour painted using the following colour palette -- Kuretake Zigs in Gray, Mid Gray, Oatmeal, Blue Gray, Light Gray, Mustard, and Tombow ABT in 761.

I highlighted certain points with a white gel pen and die cut each image, backed them with dimensional foam tape and applied them in a social group setting.



I finished with a few mixed sequins from my collection that toned, adding a fun twinkle.

Thanks for coming by to read today - happy crafting!

Nicky x


1 comment:

  1. What a cute card. Love the way all the animals are nestled together on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete