Monday, April 15, 2019

Unicorn Tales & After The Rain Scene Die - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Dear Unicorn Fans,

This should make you VERY happy!  This is part of the new May 16th (7pm EST) release by Hello Bluebird Stamps.   What you are seeing here is the new Unicorn Tales stamp set and the After The Rain Scene Die.



This card started with a background panel that was created using Clarity Stencil Brushes that I used to brush on Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade and Spun Sugar.  This panel was applied to the white 110lb white cardstock base.

I then took the new After The Rain Scene Die and die cut a panel of white cardstock.  The die cuts all come apart like a jigsaw puzzle (an easy one) that you can use whichever elements you want and keep the remaining elements for a future project.  I chose to keep the upper and lower clouds and the connecting rainbow which I ink blended just the edges of using Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar, Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade.



Using Versamark Ink I stamped the sentiments to the cloud portions and heat embossed in gold,  I taped my die cuts together on the reverse and then also used dimensional foam tape and applied the panel to the background panel.

On Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped my Unicorn Tales images with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using the following - Tombow ABT 451 and Kuretake Zigs in Green Shadow, Light Pink, Pale Yellow and Warm Gray 2.  They were die cut and points were highlighted with a white gel pen and backed with foam tape and applied.



All that was left was to embellish the card.  For this I simply used Nuvo Crystal Drops in 3 toning colours and left them to dry.

Thanks for coming by to read, I will be back for Day 3 of Previews for this new release tomorrow, hope to see you then!

Nicky x


2 comments:

  1. I really loved the rainbow on this card. My eye goes there each and every time I look - why? Well, at first I wasn't sure if there was a separation between each of the rainbow rays (you're good you!). But a closer look showed that you had colored the edges with different colors to compliment your design - Prefect! I am going to be honest here. I have never been a unicorn fan - never thought I would ever create a card with a unicorn on it. But... this set has changed my mind Big time! Thank you for all the inspiration you provide with these adorable illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, thank you Susie .... I just ink blended the rainbow edges. I feel the same way about unicorns, they seem to be more popular now than when I was a child but like you, this stamp set has changed my mind and I can actually see myself using it a fair bit! Funny how that happens!

      Delete