Monday, April 22, 2019

Elephant Friends - Sneak Peek for Pretty Pink Posh

Hello!  I have a fun sneak peek at the upcoming Pretty Pink Posh new release.  I am featuring the new stamp set 'Elephant Friends'.  This new release will be available to buy April 29th.



Pretty Pink Posh has started a new line of stencils which is very exciting to me and my card uses the 'Leaves Stencil'.  The grassy hills were created using the Stitched Borders 2 Die.

This card is a slimline card with finished dimensions of 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and fits a Size 9 standard envelope.  I made a card base and set it to one side.  I created a panel, masked off the edges so that I'd have a white border and I used the stencil together with Distress Oxide ink in Cracked Pistachio and a with a Clarity Stencil Brush I brushed the ink through the stencil.  The stencil is not as wide as this extra long card and so I moved the stencil along and completed the job.  The mask was removed.



I die cut 3 sections of 'grass' using one of the trio of dies from Stitched Borders 2 and ink blended them using the same ink as for the stencilling and then backed them with foam tape and applied them to the background panel.  I stamped the sentiment BIG Hugs in my Misti so that I could repeat the stamping and get a bold look.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth the Elephant Friends images were stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  They were watercolour painted using a Tombow ABT in shade 451 and Kuretake Zigs in Blue Gray, Light Pink, Yellow and Green Shadow.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.  They were die cut and backed with more foam and applied to the scene.



For the finishing touches, I applied Glossy Accents to the star balloon to make it shiny and highly dimensional and several Sparkling Clear Sequins of 3 different sizes were also attached.

I think you need these these elephants in your life - aren't they just so sweet?

Thank you for stopping by the blog today to read.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment