Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Waving Hello Card for Purple Onion Designs

Hi!  My card today for Purple Onion Designs uses stamps from Stacey Yacula Studio and it looks like it is a sizzling hot day at the beach!



To make this card I grabbed a panel of white cardstock.  I stamped the sand dunes image with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil and then stamped it a second time on masking paper which I applied over the original stamping.  I used regular masking tape and masked a line that would form the horizon.  I ink blended the ocean using Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers.  I then moved the masking strip to protect the ocean area and I then stencil blended the cloud design using Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass.  Both masks were removed and I watercolour painted the sand dunes using a Tombow ABT 020.  This panel was then die cut to provide the playful wavy stitched decorative edge which is Cloud 9 by Mama Elephant.

Other watercolours used in this project are Tombow ABT 620, Arteza Sea Foam A158 and Kuretake Zigs in Light Pink 026, Oatmeal 064 and Mid Gray 096.



Using the same Archival Ink the remaining images were stamped on Bristol Smooth cardstock.  Here is the bunting and all the remaining images are from the Happy Trails series.  They were all watercolour painted, fussy cut and backed with foam tape and applied to the scene whereupon certain points were highlighted with a Uni-ball Signo White gel pen.



A couple of quick finishing touches complete this card.  Firstly I stamped the Waving Hello sentiment to a strip of cardstock adhered it with foam tape and then to add a little sparkle to the sand I used Multi Medium Matte to glue Ivory Jewels by Pretty Pink Posh.

Anyone craving a day at the beach now?

Thank you for coming by to read and happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment