Friday, March 8, 2019

Bee Happy - Hello Bluebird

Bees just make me happy and so the Bee Happy stamp set by Hello Bluebird seems tailor made for me and I keep going back to it.  This card also uses the word die 'Smile' from the new Photo Stack die set.


This card started with an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock and I ink blended it first with Distress Oxide in Dried Marigold with deep colour around the outside to start creating a lighter central focal point and then I came in with Wild Honey (seemed appropriate!) to further deepen the outside to a rich golden hue.  I use Bristol Smooth because you can trust me when I say the ink goes on like butter!

Once this was dry I used my Embossing Buddy to prep the surface for stamping and heat embossing.  I stamped the hexagon images from the stamp set with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in gold.  This panel was then die cut with the wonky stitched edge which is from Cloud 9 by Mama Elephant.


On more Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my bee images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using the following colours :- 

Tombow ABT's in 991 and 451
Kuretake Zigs in Dark Gray 095 and Light Pink 026

I die cut the images and applied them to the scene with dimensional foam tape.  I highlighted some points on them with a white gel pen.

The Smile sentiment from Photo Stack was die cut 4 times from 110lb white cardstock and each die cut was adhered to the next.   I then glued it to the scene and on a strip of white cardstock I stamped the smaller sentiment and applied that with foam tape.


Finishing touches were fun because I had these little wooden hexagon shaped embellishments from Queen and Co. that just seemed to work perfect.  Since I'm crazy for a little twinkle on my cards I had these tiny flat iridescent sequins in a mix that I also adhered.  They barely show until you handle the card and then you get a little glint .... I love that kind of subtlety!  Finally I stamped the sweet little bee trails.

Applied the decorative panel to my 110lb cardstock base and another card is complete.

See you next time!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment