Monday, March 4, 2019

Easter Eggs - Pretty Pink Posh

Hello!  Today I have a new card for Pretty Pink Posh featuring Easter Eggs from the March 4th release.  This card also uses the Storybook 6 die from a previous release and also Bunny Friends from Spring 2018.



For this card I die cut an A2 white panel of cardstock using the Storbybook 6 die. I backed the white frame with dimensional foam tape and adhered it to a card base and I ink blended the negative cuts using Distress Oxide Inks in Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade, Dried Marigold and Shaded Violet.    I then watered down some white acrylic paint and using a toothbrush I splattered these coloured pieces to give them a speckled appearance.  These pieces were then glued into position recessed back through the openings and the sentiment was stamped.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the images of the eggs and bunnies using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted those images using the following colours:-

Tombow ABTs in 243 and 020
Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal 064, Mid Gray 096, Green Shadow 049, Light Pink 026, Pale Pink 028, Bright Yellow 052 and English Lavender 803.

A few points were highlighted with a white gel pen and the images were die cut and applied with various amounts of foam tape to further build dimension.



My finishing touches included adhering toning coloured flat cup sequins and I used orange Stickles glitter to adorn the flowers.

Many thanks for coming by to read about this card, hope to see you soon!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment