Saturday, March 23, 2019

Wish Upon A Star - Mama Elephant

It was true love at first sight when I clapped eyes on Wish Upon A Star by Mama Elephant.  I knew that I had to have it since my head suddenly flooded with design ideas for the set.



I wanted to play with the height of a slimline card for this stamp set.  This card's dimensions are 8 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches.  I also created a panel that was slightly smaller and masked off the edges and I ink blended using the following Distress Oxide Inks - Festive Berries, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.  I wanted the 'Aurora' colours in the greens and pinks to be super subtle so I used quite a bit of the Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot over the top of them to bring the colour down.



I mixed some white acrylic paint with a drop of water to loosen it.  Using an old toothbrush I splattered the white droplets all throughout the background colour.  Using a paintbrush I then used the same solution and splattered some larger blotches.  Once dry I added in some dots of pale gold gel pen for some wonderful subtle sparkle as the card is handled.  The mask was then removed and the panel was backed with white craft foam and applied to the sturdy 110lb white cardstock base.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I then watercolour painted my images using the following colours:-

Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal, Mid Gray and Light Gray.  Tombow ABT's in 761 and 020.



The moon, clouds and stars were given a treatment of Spectrum Noir Glitter Pen for a gorgeous subtle shimmer and then each image was die cut and applied to the scene using dimensional foam tape.

The sentiment was stamped to a strip of cardstock and also backed with foam tape and applied.



The final touch was the application of a few flat, silver micro star 'sequins'.  This card is so much about the twinkle in the movement of it.  It was a lot of fun to create and I can't wait to use this stamp set in a completely different way next time.

Thanks for stopping by, happy crafting!

Nicky x

4 comments:

  1. This is spectacular, Nicky! So much love and care went into creating this beauty. That background is stellar! The images are so sweet and I can just imagine how sweetly it sparkles and shimmers. Wow!

    ReplyDelete