Saturday, January 26, 2019

Pig Day - Hello Bluebird

Hi!  Today's card packs a whole lot of colour and happiness!  This is Pig Day by Hello Bluebird together with letters from the Charlie Alpha Die set.



My card started by ink blending a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock with Distress Oxides in Abandoned Coral and Squeezed Lemonade.  I made sure to go back and forth between the two colours to make sure that they blended seamlessly .  I then squished a little of the Abandoned Coral onto my acrylic block, I spritzed it with water to loosen it up and then using a paintbrush I picked up some of the solution and splattered some of the colour onto my project.

Once dry I die cut the panel to provide the decorative edge.  I then grabbed my Charlie Alpha Die and chose my letters and symbols to form the sentiment HAPPY B'DAY!    I die cut each required letter/symbol 4 times and adhered each one to the next with glue.  On the top layer I ink blended a little Squeezed Lemonade and then on top of that even less of Abandoned Coral .... it looks a little 'rhubarb and custard' YUM!  Or raspberry ripple!  These letters were then arranged and adhered to the card in a subtle curve.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped just about all the images from Pig Day using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted everything using the following colours.  Kuretake Zigs in Flesh Colour 071, Light Pink 026, Wine Red 024 and Gray Brown 094.  I also used a Tombow ABT in shade 991.

I die cut everything and applied them to the card using dimensional foam tape.



The final touches were to apply a few sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.  I dotted in some Liquid Pearls in Ruby Red and glittered the top of my sentiment letters using Stickles in 'Diamond'.  All of this just adds to celebratory feel of the scene and gives it more movement.

I appreciate you stopping by to read today, I hope you enjoyed the card.  See you next time!

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. So cute! The faces on the piggies are so cute. Lots of fun details, especially the glitter on top of the sentiment letters. Wonderful colors and watercoloring skills are shown. Fun card!

    ReplyDelete