Saturday, November 17, 2018

Yappy Woofmus & O'Tiny Tree - Mama Elephant

Hey everybody, I'm happy you've come to my blog to read about my latest card featuring products from Mama Elephant.  Using Mama Elephant guarantees you crowd-pleasing, adorable cards and projects, every, single, time!!!!



If it isn't abundantly clear this is a somewhat oversized card ..... and yet not really!  IF  you're a scene builder like I am then you probably often crave more space than a standard A2 card affords you.  Now, you can play around with all number of card sizes and combinations like I have, but you're probably going to find the envelope situation to be challenging unless you are of a mind to make all of your own .... not undoable of course!  I have done this but have since chosen to take the path of least resistance and work to envelope sizes that pre-exist.  To this end, this card fits a stand 'Slimline' envelope at 8 7/8 x 3 7/8 as found HERE and all number of other places online.



The finished size of my card base is 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 which meant that I took a piece of 110lb white cardstock and trimmed the length down to 7 inches which I then scored at 3 1/2 for the fold - really so easy!  With this made and from the remaining piece of cardstock from an A4 sheet I created a panel and you can make your own to whatever size you wish.  I ink blended my panel using Distress Oxide Ink in Spun Sugar, fading away to nothing at the bottom to give the suggestion of snow!  This background was splattered with a white acrylic paint and water solution and left to dry before stamping the Fa la la la la, la la la la sentiment!



Next, I stamped the bare tree from O' Christmas Tree using Ranger Archival Ink in Coffee.  I then used the coordinating greenery stamp and stamped it using Memento Ink.  Finally I glittered up the fronds using Stickles glitter and set it aside to dry.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Yappy Woofmus, I watercolour painted them using my Kuretake Zigs then die cut and applied them to the scene using dimensional foam tape.   The ribbons on the parcel were again given a treatment of Stickles for some glitter.



Figuring I needed more greenery in my scene to balance it out I used the O'Tiny Tree stamp again but at an angle like an overhanging branch.  I glittered it up just as I did before.

I adhered several wooden stars to the scene to embellish it and then applied white craft foam to the back of the panel and adhered this to the base and stamped 'Merry Christmas' inside.

Let's hear it for cards that aren't A2 .... switch it up and create scenes!

Until the next time,

Nicky x




1 comment: