Friday, November 16, 2018

Snow Play - Hello Bluebird


Hi,  I have a card using Hello Bluebird Stamps 'Snow Play' stamp set for you today!



My card started with a panel of Neenah 110lb white cardstock.  I took the Hill & Dale die and arranged several of the 'hills' across my panel and cut it.  I then ink blended each hill with Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers.  I adhered them back together on the reverse, added white craft foam and applied this to the card base. 



I'm all about the dimension with my cards and with that in mind I die cut another A2 panel of white cardstock with the Gallery Frame 3 Die, using only the outer cut I backed this with dimensional foam tape and applied it to the background panel.  

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Snow Play.  I watercolour painted them using my Kuretake Zigs and then die cut each penguin.  I also stamped the sentiments in light grey ink and die cut those too.  I adhered them to the scene using more foam tape.



The finishing touches were all that was left to do now so I used a littles Stickles glitter in 'Crystal' to frost up the snowballs and I used white Nuvo drops on the pompom of each penguin's Santa hat.  Finally I glued on a scattering of toning 'jewel' embellishments.

Another Christmas card complete!  I appreciate you coming by to read today, see you next time hopefully!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment