Friday, November 23, 2018

Purple Onion - Guest Designer

Hey everyone!  I couldn't be happier today since I've been invited to guest design for Purple Onion Designs and I get to reveal the first of a few cards I have prepared and am ready to share over the next week or two!



I have long been a fan of Stacey Yacula and have chosen to make her illustrations the focus of my attention for all my cards.

My card today features a panel that was ink blended with Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers.  I then die cut the panel to give it the faux stitched edge which I matched with all other die cuts used in the scene.  Next, the panel was repeatedly stamped using Dusting of Snow with Versamark Ink and then heat embossed in white.   Using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil I stamped Farm Horizon onto Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I watercolour painted the image using Kuretake Zigs and then fussy cut along the top line of the stamp and applied it to the card base/panel.



I used two different 'hill' dies to create two different snow hills which I layered onto the watercolour painted portion using dimensional foam tape.  This whole panel was then adhered to the 110lb white cardstock base (nice and sturdy for such a weighty and dimensional card.

Using more Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the remaining images including Winter Puppy and Winter Wishes again using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I again used my Kuretake Zigs to watercolour paint the images and then I fussy cut them and applied them to the scene with more dimensional foam tape.  Their cheeks were highlighted using a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen.



The final touches were to stamp the sentiment to a strip of cardstock and apply that also with foam tape and then I grabbed a few wooden stars and adhered them with multi-medium matte glue for a sweet country look.

Thanks for coming by today to read - have you tried the rubber stamps from Purple Onion?  They give you beautiful sharp images with great detail and oh so cute!  I encourage you to try!  Leave me a message if you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Until the next time ....

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment