Thursday, November 29, 2018

North Star - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi!  As promised a 4th Day of cards featuring the new Hello Bluebird Stamps release.  This is North Star.



For this card I ink blended Bristol Smooth cardstock using Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot ..... yup, I pretty much used them all!  There's lots of overlapping of the blending and then coming back in with the lighter colours but this is, I believe, how to attain the best affect.



I stamped my 'stars' with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white and then re-stamped just the Happy New Year portion with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in a twinkling embossing powder I have called 'Bridal'.  I wanted to build a real depth of 'stars' and to to that end I took a tiny pinch of white embossing powder and sprinkled it over the panel making sure none of it was too thick and then I heat set it by starting underneath the panel for a minute and then finishing with heat directly on top ....... otherwise you're going to blow the powder to the four walls!!!!!   I came back in with a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen and dotted in a few more stars again building depth.  I die cut my panel to provide the simple stitched edge.



On more Bristol Smooth I stamped my images with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs then fussy cut the images and applied them with different depths of foam tape.  Just love those cute fluffy bums!  I adhered the panel to the card base.





Thanks for coming by to read my method today!  See you next time!

Nicky x

2 comments: