Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Fall Buddies - Hello Bluebird

Hi!  Thanks for swinging by my blog today to read about my latest card for Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This card features the delightful Fall Buddies stamp set from the latest release.



My card started with a panel of Bristol Smooth that I ink blended with Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass, I blended to a white fade at the bottom so that it would slightly highlight the horizon for a small point of interest.  I then squished a little of the ink onto an acrylic stamping block and added a tiny amount of water and splattered with a paintbrush to distress.



I then used the Spooky Scene Die and I die cut an A2 panel of more Bristol Smooth cardstock.  The die cut comes apart like a jigsaw puzzle.  I kept the outer frame white and set it to one side.  I ink blended the tree and then the grass using Distress Inks.  I put the pieces back together again upside down and taped them together then added dimensional foam tape to all areas and adhered it to the panel and at this point I also adhered the empty scene to the card base.

On yet more Bristol Smooth I stamped all of my images with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs, highlighted some areas with a Uni-Ball Signo white gel pen and then fussy cut the images and used more foam tape to adhere them.  I decided to add a little humour with the 'happy fall' sentiment by having my squirrels throwing themselves from the tree onto big piles of autumn leaves beneath them.  I love the feeling of pure joy and that they are relishing the change of season.



With everything in place I considered any final touches and decided on a few wood butterflies and flowers which just seemed to add that perfect finishing accent and the bunny and squirrel each hold up a little wooden heart.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today, I really appreciate it and see you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment