Saturday, September 22, 2018

Away In A Manger - Hello Bluebird

Hello Papercrafters!

Today I'm in Christmas mode and using Away In A Manger by Hello Bluebird Stamps.



My card started with a an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock which I ink blended with Distress Inks in Peacock Feathers and Squeezed Lemon.  Prior to ink blending I had figured out my basic layout for the scene so I knew I'd want the glow of the star coming down on the gathered group below.



On yet more Bristol Smooth I stamped up all my images using Range Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I then watercolour painted everything with my Kuretake Zigs and die cut each image.  I arranged each piece into the scene that I had previously decided on and adhered them using varying amounts of dimensional foam tape.



I placed the panel into my Misti.  I positioned the sentiment stamp and stamped it twice in the same Archival Ink.   I then used Gold Stickles to add tiny dots of 'glimmer' emanating from the star and falling around the characters beneath.  Finally,  I used the negative off-cut from using the Gallery Frame 3 Die on a previous card and applied it raised up on more foam tape that I trimmed into very thin lengths.  The panel was attached to the card base and .... project complete!

I hope you enjoyed the card and found inspiration for your own projects.  Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back soon with more!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment