Saturday, September 1, 2018

Autumn Gatherings - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  My card today uses Autumn Gatherings and Birch Trees Die from Hello Bluebird Stamps.



For this card I softly ink blended the main panel with Distress Inks and applied it to the card base and then I hand textured in some ground using Distress Pens.   I then die cut my Birch Trees and ink blended their edges in two shades of Distress Ink and applied them with dimensional foam tape.



I wanted to continue the softer look so I stamped my characters from Autumn Gatherings onto Bristol Smooth watercolour cardstock using Distress Ink in Antique Linen.  I wasn't necessarily going for a no line watercolour affect but I certainly didn't want a hard black outline.   I then used my Kuretake Zigs in shades to suit the animals, applying colour and then fading it out.  Each animal got an adornment in the form of a hat, bow or scarf and were die cut and applied to the scene using more foam tape.



I stamped the sentiment in an an intentionally soft manner using Archival Ink in Potting Soil and applied it to the trees.  The card was finished out with the application of many 3mm sparkling clear sequins to complete the frosty scene.

I hope you are feeling inspired - happy crafting!

Nicky x

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! I have been trying no line watercoloring with little success, and I love how your animals are softly shaded (with some lines)! I think I'll try it out, thanks for the inspiration...your cards and layouts are so adorable and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly, I did consider the true no-line look but they were a little lost against the background I'd created so I defined them further in the manner described so they popped a little more. I'd love to see what you make - tag me in whatever you post!

      Delete