Monday, July 30, 2018

Fishin' Hole + Pond Builder - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi!  I'm excited to share this card today featuring primarily the all new 'Pond Builder' die from the latest release from Hello Bluebird Stamps together with 3 Mallard ducks from the new Fishin' Hole stamp set.



The Pond Builder die is so useful and a great investment if you like creating water scenes because it makes it so easy!   I have lots of ideas for it going forwards, so stay tuned!

To make this card I took an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.  I die cut it first with the water's edge die and the remaining top section was die cut with the wave 'bushy' die from the set.  I ink blended the 'pond' with Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers and the bushes behind the pond with Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn.  Finally the sky was  blended in Tumbled Glass and the sentiment was stamped with Memento, Tuxedo Black.

Using more Bristol Smooth I cut two grassy edges from the Pond Builder set for the bottom of the card which were ink blended in the same two green shades previously mentioned.  I also die cut the Bulrushes and rocks from Pond Builder and for these I directly coloured them with Kuretake Zigs and then blended them out with a fine detailer waterbrush pen.  Finally I stamped the Mallard from Fishin' Hole 3 times, watercolour painted them then die cut.



Time to assemble!

I adhered the pond to my card base leaving a little unglued section along the top.  I then layered on the grass strips at the bottom.  Next I adhered the bushes behind the pond and the sky .... they all fit together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.  I applied glue and tucked some of the Bulrushes behind the back waterline (this is why I left an unglued margin at the top) and a couple more were inserted behind the grass in the foreground.

I glued the rocks in and around the water and with the ducks I glued the base of them but their heads are popped up on a little foam tape for dimension.  I used a Uniball Signo White gel pen to draw in by hand the ripples of water around the ducks and rocks and the final touch was the additional of a few sparkling clear sequins.

Card complete!

I encourage you to imagine the possibilities with this Pond Builder die.  Thanks for stopping by the blog today, see you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment