Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Book Worms

Hello! This card is one of two that I've created using the new Book Worms stamp set by Mama Elephant who I am guest designing for both this and last month.



Here I've ink blended an A2 panel using Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar.  I then distressed it by splattering on some Tattered Angels 'paint' and instead of leaving them like splashes I decided to smudge each splash delicately with my finger which makes them look like flakes of gold leaf .... just not gold of course, more of a sparkling pearl.  Just something different for a change!



I die cut a white cardstock frame and adhered it with Scotch foam tape and then separately on Strathmore Bristol Smooth I stamped out my images with waterproof Archival Ink, I watercolour painted everything with my Kuretake Zigs and die cut everything out.  I decided on an arrangement and used more foam tape to adhere them into position.



This June release from Mama Elephant includes a 3D pop up box card die and included in the set are things like a cloud and this speech bubble.   I cut off the little tail that denotes that it is speech and used two little 'dots' that denote thinking.  The bunny appears to be looking over the top of his book toward his reading buddy the piglet who is absorbed into his book and given the sentiment I chose, he just loves piglet's company .... do you tell stories with your cards?  I just love that little puppy with his 'bad toupee' - cracks me up!



Because it is one of my cards it is practically law by now that I must add a finishing twinkle which I did here by using a few crystal clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh.

Thanks for swinging by the blog, I hope you'll return for my next card!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment