Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Book Buddy - Bear & Dog - Mama Elephant

Hi everybody, thanks for coming by the blog today to look at Book Buddy - Bear & Dog by Mama Elephant which forms part of the new release available for purchase June 15th.  This post also features the new Bookmark It die and sentiments from Good Reads.



There are so many options for the Book Buddy which can be used alone as the cutest little page marker but here I made it in its simplest form and had it hang over the actual bookmark made with the Bookmark It die.  You could also make many of them and hang them over string for a bunting type affect to decorate a little girl's room - so cute!



I cut my Book Buddies from Bristol Smooth and I blushed their cheeks using Kuretake Zigs and highlighted with a Uniball Signo White Gel Pen.  Facial features were die cut from black cardstock and adhered.  I double die cut the bow layering one on top of the other, adhering directly in the centre and then in between underneath on each side I used a tiny piece of Kool Tak Clear Foam so that it was discretely dimensional.  I think the bow would also work as a bow tie!



The pretty embossed edge on the card is from Fine Trimmings which was part of a former release.  The Bookmark It die comes with several smaller dies which help you create very creative bookmarks which I hope to share with you in a future blogpost.

The sentiment is from the new sentiment set 'Good Reads' and it was stamped on more pink cardstock that I embossed with the same decorative edge and applied with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today, I hope you feel like getting creative!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment