Sunday, March 6, 2022

My Favorite Things - March Release Countdown Day 2

Countdown Day 2 to the MFT Stamps March 8th release is here and today's card is previewing some new products.    This card uses the You're Ext-ROAR-dinary stamp set which comes with coordinating dies, together with the Welcome To Adventure stamp set that also has coordinating dies of course.  I don't mind telling you that I was singing the Jurassic Park theme tune when I was creating this card .... anyone who has been on ride will know what I'm talking about when the big doors swing open.   Anyway ..... I digress!





This is a highly dimensional card that started with me cutting an A2 panel from a patterned sheet from the new Pretty In Plaid 6 x 6 Paper Pad.   I used A2 Stitched Rectangles Stax Die-namics (Set 2) to create a small panel which I ink blended to create the suggestion of sky and grass.

I stamped the images I was using from both stamp sets and coloured them with Copic markers:-

Greys - W5, W4, W3, W2, W1, W0, W00
Browns - E77, E74, E71, E70
Greens - YG61, G24, G43, YG13, YG03
Yellows -  Y15, Y06, Y02, Y00
Mauves - V93, V95, V91
Teals - BG75, BG72

Images were die cut.




So now it was assembly time.   I backed the panel with craft foam and applied it to the plaid background.  I adhered the trees directly with glue then layered over the stone entrance gate with dimensional tape.   I then tucked the remaining elements here and there with more foam tape.





I stamped the sentiment to a sentiment strip and added that and used a yellow gel pen to add blooms to the trees to make them pop just a little more and tone with the background of plaid.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then the card was complete!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.











No comments:

Post a Comment