Monday, March 7, 2022

My Favorite Things - March Release Countdown Day 1

We've reached the final day of the countdown to tomorrow's March release by MFT Stamps.   The release will be available for purchase at 10am EST tomorrow the 8th March.   Today's new card features the Tiddly Inks illustrated stamp set called You Make My Heart Race.   Read on for all the details.




I created an A2 panel of Something Blue cardstock and over that I layered a slightly smaller layer of patterned cardstock chosen from the Stripe Splash 6 x 6 paper pad.   I then used A2 Stitched Rectangles Stax Die-namics Set 2 to create one more smaller panel from white cardstock which I ink blended with Blue Yonder Ink and splashed with a darker blue ink.   The panels were all glued together and attached to my card base and set to one side.




I used the Friends Like You sentiment stamp set to stamp the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white on a black sentiment strip which I applied with dimensional foam tape.

I stamped the main image from You Make My Heart Race and coloured it with the following Copic colours:-

Reds -  R89, R59, R39, R29, R27
Greys - W5, W4, W3, W2, W1, W0, W000
Blues - B24, B32, B12, B41
Skin - E11, E21, E00, E0000
Hair/Basket - E44, E43, E42, E41, E50

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen, the image was die cut using the coordinating die-namics and and applied perched on the black sentiment strip using more foam tape.




I wanted to keep this one simple and let that lovely main image shine and so I glued just a few clear sequins for the final flourish.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.






No comments:

Post a Comment