Tuesday, March 8, 2022

My Favorite Things - March Release Day

Hello friends!   The MFT Stamps new March release is now available for purchase and to celebrate I have made this card featuring Island Shell-ebration illustrated by MFT's newest illustrator Yuzu otherwise known as our own Design Team member Yan Au who goes by @yanxdiy on Instagram.  So much excitement for what it to come from Yan.




To create this card I first used Copic markers and hand coloured the sun and sea background .... not within my comfort zone but I did it anyway lol!   Here are my colours:-

Sea -  B24, BG53, BG23, G000
Sky -  G000, BG000, BG0000, BG70
Clouds -  W00, C00

I used a white gel pen to add some interest to the water and then die cut the panel using A2 Stitched Rectangles Stax Die-namics (Set 1).   I backed this panel with craft foam and applied it to an A2 white panel which in turn was attached to my card base.




I stamped the images I was using from Island Shell-ebration and coloured them with these Copic markers:-

Sandy island - E43, E42, E50, E0000, E95, E00
Palm tree - E44, E43, E42, E50, G16, YG17, YG03
Surf board - RV55, RV04, RV02, Y38, Y15, Y06, YR07, YR04
Coconut cocktail -  E44, E43, E42, E0000
Crab - YR82, E95, E00, B12, B41, W3, W1

Images were die cut using the coordinating die-namics and a few white highlights added, they were adhered with dimensional foam tape.




To finish up the sentiment was stamped on a strip and applied with foam tape and a few sparkling clear sequins were added to finish the scene.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.



Happy Shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment