Friday, November 6, 2020

The Sweetest Little Town Collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs

Hi and welcome to my blog.  Today I have a new card to share with you that was created using the brand new release of a collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs called The Sweetest Little Town.


To create this card I took an A2 panel of white cardstock and stamped it using the image called 'Church' using pale grey ink to form a distant horizon.  I then ink blended the panel making a subtle/paler focal point in the centre using Distress Oxide Ink in Peacock Feathers .... I know it doesn't look like Peacock Feathers but it is, I just worked off most that picked up on my blending brush before using it and I love the cool minty green that I'm left with. 

I used the Cloud 9 die by Mama Elephant to give the wonky stitched border and I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in silver.  This was then applied to a card base, the trees were lightly glittered with Stickles and set aside to dry in front of a mini desk fan to speed up the process.


On Copic friendly cardstock my images were stamped using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.    I coloured them with Copic markers.  I chose the W family for 'Flannel' (that's his name) and for many aspects of his sled and the 'Pavilion'.   I love my beigey greys!

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I fussy cut the images.


I backed the Pavilion image with regular foam tape and Flannel was backed with a thicker foam tape that I have which makes them pop off the card beautifully.

Lastly I adhered some cute dimensional snowflakes from my embellies stash into the sky and I added more Stickles glitter to the ties on the packages - I can never resist!

Happy crafting!










No comments:

Post a Comment