Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Sweetest Little Town Collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs

There's a new winter collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs called The Sweetest Little Town and it is being released today!


My card today features the image called 'Sweet Snow Friends' and in the bottom right hand corner that is 'Miles and Beth' and the stack of gifts is cut from an image called 'Flannel' which is actually a Raccoon pulling a sled with the packages on it!

To make the card I started with an ink blended panel of Distress Inks in Lucky Clover and Black Soot to deepen the edges.  I then used Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White paint to splatter on the snow.  I like this stuff because unlike some white acrylic paints you don't need to water it down to splatter it and it dries with some pretty dimension which is nice.


I die cut some snowy 'hills' using dies in my stash and adhered them to the panel and attached all of it to the card base and set it to one side.

Inspired by the deep green background I stamped and Copic coloured the new images and kept to a limited palette of reds, whites and greens with natural beige/greys for the animals.   Images were fussy cut, points were highlighted with a gel pen and they were backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.

Last but not least I selected a sentiment from the big new selection that accompanies the release stamping it to a piece of white cardstock that was also attached with foam tape.  I resisted all temptation to add some sparkle to this card (you have no idea of the battle in my mind lol) and with that the card was complete!


Many thanks for stopping by my blog today, I'll be back very soon with new inspiration.  Happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment