Monday, November 9, 2020

Next Door Gnomes - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Today I'm sharing a card made with the super sweet 'Next Door Gnomes' stamp set by Hello Bluebird Stamps.  I have had this stamp set coloured up for a couple of months now and so I decided to use them not as I had originally intended but in a more seasonal wintery Christmas card and I like how the deep colours pop against the snowy scene.


This card started with a background panel ink blended with Distress Oxide Ink in Speckled Egg.   To this I added snow using a stylus and Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White paint.  This was set aside for a few minutes to dry in front of a mini desk fan.

Meanwhile I die cut both the Spooky Scene die (I was after the trees only from this scene die) and also the Fairy Glad Scene Die (horizontal) where I just used the ground and frame.


I added Snow-Tex (by DecoArt) to the trees and ground by dabbing it on with a fingertip and once dry I attached them to the background which was in turn added to the card base.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images from Next Door Gnomes using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.   I coloured my images in rich hues of red, teal and emerald green and further darkened the shadows using my beloved W shades.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then were die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.   I added a little more Snow-Tex to their hats and the toadstools etc


To finish up the card I used the outer scalloped die cut from the Gallery Frame #5 Die which I die cut twice and stuck them both down.  I also stamped the sentiment from 'Typed Christmas', backed it with foam tape and adhered.  With that the card was complete!

Happy crafting!










1 comment:

  1. This card is so cute! I love the rich reds and teals! The snow takes it over the top! ❤️

    ReplyDelete