Wednesday, November 11, 2020

The Sweetest Little Town Collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs

Hello!  My card today uses images from the new The Sweetest Little Town collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.


I started by stamping the Christmas tree image once on to Masking Paper, fussy cutting that image and after stamping the image again to the centre of my A2 card panel I then used the masking image to cover the first image as I worked to the sides and repeat stamped so those trees appear to be behind the centre one.   I used Nuvo Drops and Stickles glitter to add the baubles to the trees and the sky was Copic coloured.  This was set aside to dry in front of a mini desk fan to speed up the process.


On Copic friendly paper I stamped the images from left to right that is Poinsettia, Wallace (the mailman), Mailbox and thats Hank on the right there!  I used Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa for stamping the images and I Copic coloured them all.   Blues are B91, B41, B93.  Cheeks R20, the yellows are Y21 and Y0000. Oranges Y17, Y38 and YR09 and finally Hank is coloured using E70, E71 and E74.   They were all fussy cut and points were highlighted with white gel pen.


Wallace and the Mailbox were backed with a single layer of foam tape and applied and the other two characters with a double layer for a super dimension card.  I used the Postage Stamp Die by Avery Elle to die cut white glitter paper for the frame which was also applied with foam tape.

Finally the sentiment was stamped and applied at playful jaunty angles and the panel attached to a sturdy card base.

Another completed Christmas card - happy crafting!












No comments:

Post a Comment