Monday, October 12, 2020

Halloween Friends - Winslow and Rusty - Julian Charlton for Purple Onion Designs

 Today's card is another for the release of illustrator Julian Charlton's Winslow and Rusty designs for Purple Onion Designs.  This stamp is called Halloween Friends.


This is a simple Halloween/friendship card that started with an ink blended A2 panel of cardstock that I also splattered pretty well with an old toothbrush but I did it with the gradient of the colouring so that where the colouring was the deepest I did more splatter,  decreasing to very little at the top.   This panel was trimmed and was layered over a panel of cardstock which in turn was adhered to a purple panel that I attached to the card base.   I die cut the snowy ground (winter came early!) and stamped the sentiment and attached it to the top panel.


Winslow and Rusty are a lot of fun to colour and for this release I've always used the same colour palette using Copic markers for consistency.  The fox character was E11, E33 and E35 and I used W3 and W5 to add shadow.   The bear character uses Y26, YR24 and YR27 and again W3 and W5 for shadow.  Please see my last card featuring these cuties and I've got another Autumnal one coming in a few days.  Images were stamped with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.


I fussy cut the image, it was a pretty easy one to do and backed it with foam tape and applied it.   The final touch was to add white gel pen to highlight certain points and I used a metallic gel pen to dot in a little glimmer around them so that you get a little added interest when the card is handled ... I love movement!

This stamp can be reimagined so many times with so many backgrounds and I absolutely adore it.

Happy crafting! 






No comments:

Post a Comment