Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Harvest Friends - Winslow and Rusty - Julian Charlton for Purple Onion Designs

This is my third card featuring these sweet buddies Winslow and Rusty illustrated by Julian Charlton for Purple Onion Designs.  This stamp image is called Harvest Friends.


To create this card I first used a cloud stencil in my stash to create the soft background sky.    I used a cloud edge die and grass edge die to create clouds and grass.   Clouds were directly attached and the grass was softly ink blended and splattered and the sentiment stamped at an angle before that too was attached.  For dimension the top layer of grass has foam tape behind it.  The panel was attached to a card base.


On Copic friendly paper I stamped my image of Winslow and Rusty pulling their wagon of gourds using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.   I used a variety of Copic markers to colour the image but as I have with my previous two Winslow and Rusty cards for this release I used the following colours for the critters.  The fox character was E11, E33 and E35 and I used W3 and W5 to add shadow.   The bear character uses Y26, YR24 and YR27 and again W3 and W5 for shadow.


The image was fussy cut, backed with a double layer of foam tape and applied to the scene.  I then considered finishing touches and decided to add a few blowing leaves from a 4th image in this release from Julian Charlton which you'll find in the link given above and I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.

Happy crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment