Thursday, March 5, 2020

Springtime Easter Card - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello, welcome to my blog!  I have a new card today for Hello Bluebird Stamps and it is Easter themed.   I've combined images from Spring Gatherings and Springtime for this card, they work beautifully together.



The first step was to create the pastel plaid background panel which I did using a 4 part stencil kit by Honey Bee Stamps (although I only used 3 of the 4).   I brushed on Distress Inks using Clarity Stencil Brushes for a super soft look with no hard edges.  I applied this panel to a white cardstock base.



I die cut the Gallery Frame #2 Die and used just the frame which I backed with foam tape and applied to the background.  I then used the Grassy Knoll die to create the section of grass which I delicately ink blended with Distress Ink in Cracked Pistachio.  I stamped the sentiment and backed this portion with foam tape also and applied it within the frame.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the images from the two stamp sets using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I used an array of Copic markers to colour everything and then I die cut and applied them to the background using either a single or double layer of foam tape to achieve some fun depth.



Cheeks were highlighted with a white gel pen and I decided that no other embellishment was needed for this card.

Appreciate you stopping by to read today.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet card, Nicky!! Thank you for your inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete