Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Happy Trails - Purple Onion Designs

A new card for Purple Onion Designs today that features stamps from the Happy Trails collection as illustrated by Stacey Yacula.



I wanted a slightly masculine feel to this card but to keep it still very much in my style so I grabbed a brick wall stencil from my stash and ink blended it with two distress kinks and then splattered on some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to add a little texture.



On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the images using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I used Copic markers to colour and then points were highlighted with a white gel pen.  The images were fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.

I used a simple stitched frame die from my stash to frame out the scene which was popped up on foam tape to keep the dimension going.



To finish I stamped the sentiments and used some toning coloured Liquid Pearls to add some fun for a sweet urban look.  The entire decorated panel was attached to a sturdy 110lb cover weight white cardstock base.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment