Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Field Mice with Rainbow Sky Die - Hello Bluebird Designs

I have a new card for Hello Bluebird Stamps today that features the darling Field Mice stamp set in combination with the Birch Trees Die and the Rainbow Sky Die.



To kick things off I ink blended a panel with Tumbled Glass and a little Spun Sugar.   I die cut the rainbow shapes from the Rainbow Sky Die and ink blended the edges with pastel Distress Inks and adhered them to the background.  Layered over that I placed a white die cut like low clouds from the After The Rain Scene Die.  Almost done with the background, I also die cut the Birch Trees and edged this in Antique Linen Distress Ink and a little Ice Spruce too.  These too were applied to the scene.



I used the Grassy Knoll die to die cut two strips of grass from cardstock I had ink blended with Spun Sugar.  I applied this to the background panel.

I die cut the white frame using the Gallery Frame #1 die.  I backed it with foam tape and applied it.   The skinny pink frame can produced by using any of the Hello Bluebird Scene dies.  I made mine from toning pale pink cardstock and directly glued it.

On Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped the images of the mice from Field Mice using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted the images using Kuretake Zigs, highlighted the cheeks and other points with a white gel pen  and backed them with foam tape and applied them so that they were looking into each other's eyes.



A couple of quick finishing touches.  First of all I stamped the sentiment and applied it popped up on foam tape and I found a pretty little heart embellishment in my stash and floated that above the sweet twosome.  The whole decorative panel was then attached to a 110lb cover weight white cardstock base which is necessary for such a substantial card.

I appreciate you stopping by today, happy crafting!


Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment