Monday, November 11, 2019

Polar Playtime - Avery Elle

Hello, today I have another card for the holiday season.  This card features Polar Playtime by Avery Elle, together with their Wonky Scalloped Frames Die and Wonky 3D Bow and the sentiment is from Snow Fun.



To start with, I had lots of fun ink blending the background, I used Picked Raspberry, Aged Mahogany and Black Soot Distress Inks to achieve this look.  I then loosened up some white acrylic paint with a splash of water and splattered until my heart was content, setting it to one side to fully dry afterwards.

I die cut the white scalloped frames and backed them with foam tape and I also stamped the penguins from Polar Playtime onto Bristol Smooth using black ink and watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Green, Oatmeal, Light Pink, Bright Yellow, Orange, Natural Gray and Wine Red.  I die cut the images, backed them with foam tape and then adhered both frames and penguins to the background.



I die cut and constructed the bow from the Wonky 3D Bow die using some matte gold cardstock in my collection.  I adhered it into position and then used a double layer of foam tape discretely inside each loop so that the card could be mailed and the bow wouldn't be crushed.  Note .... I didn't remove the protective cover to the top layer of foam.  The bow was adhered into position.



Lastly, I stamped the sentiment from Snow Fun using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in gold.  I backed it with yet more foam tape and applied.  I felt the warm gold touches in this card worked well with the rich colour of the background.

Finally I dotted in some gold gel pen dots into the background and highlighted points on the penguins with a white gel pen.

Hope you like the card, thanks for coming by to read. 

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment