Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Snowball Fight - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I have a new card for Hello Bluebird Stamps today that I'm excited to share.   This card features Snowball Fight one of the latest stamp sets and the very pretty Warm Wishes word die.



To start this card off I took a panel of smooth white cardstock and grabbed my Clarity Stencil Brushes and I ink blended the background using Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks.

I die cut the Warm Wishes die 3 times from white, pale pink and a slightly deeper pink background that perfectly matched the ink blending.  I adhered them together slightly offset so that you can see the three colours and then glued this to the decorative panel.



To build the big pile of snowballs, I took the group of snowballs image from the Snowball Fight stamp set and stamped the image three times on masking paper.  I fussy cut these 3 images.  I grabbed some Copic friendly cardstock and using pale gray ink I started across the bottom with stamping the design, masking and stamping where necessary to overlap and slowly I repeated this building the snowball pile higher and higher.  I fussy cut the snow pile, backed it with foam tape and applied it to the panel.  I used a Copic marker to add colour to the snowballs and then glittered them using Stickles in 'Crystal'.

On yet more Copic friendly paper I stamped the kittens from the stamp set ... could they BE any cuter?  I coloured them with Copic markers  and highlighted some points with a white gel pen.  I also emphasised their eyes just a little with a black waterproof marker with a very fine tip.  Images were fussy cut and also backed with foam tape and applied.



Just a few finishing touches.  Firstly I stamped the little sentiment to a strip of cardstock and popped it up on foam tape and applied it and then I chose some Nuvo Drops and Dream Drops and more Stickles glitter and dotted the colours randomly to create some twinkle and fun!

Happy crafting everybody - see you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment