Thursday, October 24, 2019

Pine Cone Trail - Purple Onion Designs



Introducing Pine Cone Trail the brand new release illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.  You can purchase the entire bundled release at a discounted rate thru November 8th HERE.  This is a 30% savings!!!

My first reveal for this release is a very CAS card!



I wanted to create some CAS cards that could be mass produced with relative easy for the holidays.  A design that would make Stacey's adorable images  just shine!

To make this card I prepped a panel of kraft cardstock and trimmed it to slightly smaller than A2.   I took another panel of cardstock and die cut a circle out of it.  This would serve as my mask.  I temporarily adhered it over my kraft panel.  I took the negative cut (circle) and used a 'hill' die to die cut and subdivide that circle.



I used white acrylic paint loosened with a spot of water and splashed it over the full circle.  Next, I recessed back in the upper cut of the circle.  I took a Versamark Ink pad and squished it into the lower/snow portion for some nice coverage I then removed the full panel/mask and heat embossed the snow portion using the gorgeous Wow!  White Puff Twinkle Embossing Powder (you need this stuff in your life at this time of the year).  It sets puffed up and uneven and twinkly and I love it.

I used a white gel pen and added a few more dots of snow to make the circle more clearly delineated.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped Jasper - Fox on snow shoes with Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted him using Nuvo Aqua Flow Water Brushes, highlighted a couple of points with a white gel pen and fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied him.



To complete the card, I stamped the sentiment with more Versamark Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.   The strip was backed with foam tape to pop it up and I chose some wood veneer stars from my collection of embellishments to accent the scene.

You can make a production line and get all of your Christmas cards made in short order with this or a similar design.  You can have fun putting your favourite Stacey Yacula characters front and centre, in the spotlight where they belong!

Find below the second card I made in exactly the same way but featuring Aspen (owl with snow shoes)













































Nicky x

2 comments: