Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Jolly Marshmallow Snowman - Tonic Studios

I have two new cards for you today - both feature the new Jolly Marshmallow Snowman stamp set which formed part of the fabulous Tonic Studios new release recently.  I have recently become an 'Influencer' for Tonic Studios and couldn't be happier since it is a company whose products I have loved and used for several years.



This A2 card started with a panel of pale pink cardstock that I used Distress Ink in Picket Fence to ink blend a subtle focal point.   I splashed up the panel with white acrylic paint loosened with a drop of water and then added Nuvo Crystal Drops in Simply White and Bubblegum White for a more dimensional embellishment.  Once dry this panel was applied to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base and set to one side.



I grabbed some Bristol Smooth cardstock and stamped out my images from Jolly Marshmallow Snowman using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolor painted the elements using Kuretake  Zigs in Carmine Red, Warm Gray 2, Light Pink, Orange.  Also used Tombow ABTs in 969, 942 and 977.   Points were highlighted with a Uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen.



Images were fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the panel.

Finally, the sentiment was stamped on a strip of white cardstock and backed with more foam tape and applied.



At this point I sit back and decide if anything else is needed and I decided on just 3 or 4 sparkling clear sequins for subtle added interest.

My aim for this card was to create a little 'mess' of sugar and peppermint goodness like it had just been created for fun in the kitchen.

My SECOND card uses the same stamp set but I've cooked it up a little more.  I'm thinking freshly baked cookies?



I used some of the same plus some new elements from Jolly Marshmallow Snowman.  Firstly my panel was created by  using an A2 panel of kraft cardstock and using Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink to ink blend the edges to create a focal point.  The panel was then splashed up with white acrylic paint loosened with a drop of water and after that I took Nuvo Crystal Drops in Simply White and Nuvo Glitter Drops in White Blizzard and dotted in variously sized dots which are lovely and dimensional and sparkly.  The sentiment was stamped.



The panel was attached to a 110lb white cardstock base and set to one side.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock the  images were stamped again using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.   They were watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs and Tombow ABTs as listed for the first card above but in addition I used a Zig in Deep Green.



Images were fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene with various points highlighted with a white gel pen for definition.



I very much appreciate that you stopped by to read my post today.   I can guarantee you that this particular stamp set has a multitude of arrangements that means you can just keep on reinventing it, I've had enormous fun with it and aim to make more just for the pleasure of it.

Happy crafting, hope to see you back here for my next project.

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment