Friday, October 25, 2019

First Snow - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi!  It's a GOOD day for me, it is always a good day when I'm revealing new release items for Hello Bluebird Stamps.  The new release goes live at 7pm MST on the 28th of October.



This card also features the new Snowy Sky Scene Die which I used on a panel of smooth white cardstock and ink blended in Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass adding colour to each of the 3 die cut sections.  I adhered this 3 sections to a white glitter cardstock A2 panel which in turn was adhered to a 110lb white cardstock base.

I used Stickles glitter in 'Crystal' to add 'drippy' 'icicle style twinkle to the top edges of each snow hill.   This was set aside to dry.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth the characters from First Snow were stamped using Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  They were watercolour painted, fussy cut (but there are coordinating dies), backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.  There are several critters in this stamp set ... all delightful!

The Let It Snow sentiment from the same scene die was die cut 4 times and each die cut was applied to the next with glue and finally glued in place to the background panel.



To finish out the card I added some snowflakes that were die cut using Frosty Flakes from a previous release and you absolutely need to have these in your stash, they are so pretty and you can layer them up.  My larger flake in the top right hand corner is white glitter cardstock with regular white cardstock on top and it is so pretty.  I glued my snowflakes in place with just a little glue in the centre and then teased the edges of the flakes up with my fingers to create a little light dimension.

At first glance this is a cool and simple card looking card and it isn't technically difficult to make at all but there so much sparkling magic when it is handled in the light, I've been fascinated by sparkle since I was knee high to a grasshopper!

I'll be back tomorrow with another new release card!  Sign up to be emailed and don't miss another post!

Nicky x


1 comment:

  1. this is stunning! You are a genius with your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete