Saturday, October 26, 2019

Family Photo - Hello Bluebird Stamps

It's Day 2 of Previews for the October 28th new release from Hello Bluebird Stamps.  Today we are spotlighting Family Photo and Bold Holidays and brand new sentiment set.



To make this card I ink blended a panel of red cardstock.  I ink blended first with a red ink, then with Distress Oxide in Black soot, then back to the red ink and once again with the Black Soot until I got the perfect, soft, spotlighted blend.  This panel was splashed with Kuretake's Starry Colours watercolour paints in one of the gold shades.    The panel was applied to a 110lb white cardstock base and set to one side for the paint to dry.

A panel of white cardstock was die cut using Hello Bluebird's Hill and Dale die to provide a snowy 'base'



I used Bold Holidays and stamped the MERRY word in my Misti twice over with red ink for a nice strong image.  I cleaned the stamp in place and applied Versamark Ink and again stamped the image and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Once cooled and set I placed the cardstock back into my Misti.  I positioned the word Christmas under the MERRY and then removed MERRY and inked up the Christmas word with black ink and stamped and repeated for a beautiful pristine image.

This white base was adhered to the red background with dimensional foam tape to pop it up!



Now for the main image!  This stamp set does come with several other characters to add into the scene however I chose to stick to the main one-piece or centrepiece stamp.  I stamped this onto white cardstock with Memento black ink and then used Copic Markers to colour the scene.  There is a coordinating die but I fussy cut the image (it's an easy one to fussy cut).  I backed it with dimensional foam tape and applied it to the card base.

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I felt no other embellishment was required ... so, that's card complete!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for Day 3 of Previews!  More loveliness in store!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment