Saturday, September 14, 2019

Boo To You and Little Haunters - Hello Bluebird

Hello!  The Hello Bluebird Stamps new release is now available for purchase.  I made this infinity shaker card because I had it in my head for a few days and the only way to deal with that was to actually make it!



For my card I cut an A2 panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock.   I ink blended the background using Distress Oxides in Twisted Citron, Lucky Clover, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.  I distressed the background with water splashes that I blotted up and then also splattered on some white acrylic paint that I'd loosened with a little water.  I knew I was going to be adding the black strip of grass later and didn't want all the shaker contents to be lost behind the grass so I applied a strip of tape along the width, right below where the strip of grass would later be going.


  
I took a stamp storage pocket and slid the 5 1/2 inch length of my background panel into the 5 1/2 width of the storage pocket I pressed down and sealed where I'd applied the tape that will be hidden, thus sealing off the bottom 1/4 of the panel.  Now, you want and need for this to be a very snug fit in this pocket because obviously you will lose some shaker contents around the back of the panel if it isn't a close fit.  I trimmed the pocket down leaving about a 1 inch piece and then I added my shaker contents.  Once happy with the quantity and mix I firmly folded back the 1 inch portion of the pocket and adhered it very thoroughly on the reverse and then applied the whole shaker panel to a 110lb cardstock base.  You need a sturdy base for these infinity shakers!



I die cut the Boo To You die from black cardstock and adhered it to the front of the pocket and from the same cardstock I die cut the Grassy Knoll edge and this was also adhered (and you'll note it covers the tape inside that prevented the shaker contents from disappearing behind.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my Little Haunters characters using Archival Ink in black.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Orange, Flesh Colour, Natural Gray, Marine Green, Light Gray and Beige.  Also used were two Tombow ABTs in 912 and 723. 

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen, they were die cut backed with tape and also applied to the scene.



Finally I found a perfectly sized speech bubble from Photo Stack and stamped the sentiment.  This was applied with a little piece of dimensional tape behind it.

Have you made an infinity shaker card before?  Perhaps this will encourage you to do so - couldn't be more fun either for you or the recipient and actually significantly easier to make than a regular shaker card.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x




1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love the background colors! I’ll definitely have to give this a try

    ReplyDelete