Friday, September 13, 2019

Fall Banner Buddies - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Day 4 of Previews for the new Hello Bluebird Stamps release that goes live tonight at 7pm MST!!  Today, my card features the new Fall Banner Buddies stamp set that has some coordinating dies available separately.  This card also uses the new Thankful For You words die (there's a Grateful in the set also) and finally that background was created with the Old Oak Background Stamp.



Let's get started.  I took a panel of Kraft cardstock and stamped and heat embossed it in white using the Old Oak Background Stamp.  I trimmed it a little smaller than A2.  I took the wreath die from Fall Banner Buddies and die cut the opening.  I discarded the inner cut and adhered the outer cut to the Kraft panel and backed it with acetate to form the front of the shaker window.

I sprinkled a sequin mix onto the back of the window and then sealed them in with a second piece of acetate.    These sequins move a little bit but I didn't want them to drop to the bottom of the shaker window but rather to fill it so I made it a pretty tight fit.  I then backed the panel with thick foam tape and applied it to sturdy 110lb white cardstock base.

I die cut the wreath shape again from white cardstock and layered it over the section that was die cut from the Kraft layer - this way, when the card is viewed at an angle you see a little white underneath the wreath which is elevated and it just looks more polished and professionally finished.



I stamped all my images from Fall Banner Buddies on Bristol Smooth cardstock using archival ink.   I watercolour painted the images using Kuretake Zigs in Yellow Green, Mid Gray, Oatmeal, Carmine Red, Pale Orange, Light Blue, Beige, Light Pink and Natural Gray.  I also used a Tombow ABT in 991.   All images were die cut and backed with either a single or double layer of dimensional foam tape.  I adhered and assembled the wreath adding extra pieces to build dimension and then finally adhered the sweet gray squirrels in the centre, framing them nicely.

I again used white cardstock and die cut the Thankful For You die 3 times and adhered each one to the next in a neat stack before glueing to the scene.  I also die cut the FOR YOU portion adhering it then using craft tweezers I put the centres back in the O's and R.



For the finishing touch I applied just 3 sparkling clear sequins for a little touch of sparkle.

I appreciate you stopping by to learn about this card and I look forward to being back with a new card for Hello Bluebird very soon.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment